Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Each participant must complete an entry form (electronic or hard copy) in full.
- All participants must show their number in a visible location when running.
- By entering these events the participant acknowledges that they are fully and completely responsible for their actions while participating in these events.
- The participant is aware that these events are conducted on public roadways, and that the roads are open to all normal road users while these events occur. Normal road rules remain in force at all times throughout these events.
- All participants must comply with the instructions of the Police, Fire or other identified officials.
- Participants under 18 years of age entering the marathon; under 16 years of age entering the half marathon or two person relay team; or under 14 years of age entering the four person relay team must provide a letter of consent from parents or care givers.
- The participant agrees to comply with all the rules and regulations and event instructions of the ‘Mountain to Surf’ and its officials.
- The participant hereby attests and verifies that they are physically fit and have sufficiently trained for this event and that their physical condition has been verified by a licensed medical doctor.
- The participant understands that acceptance of their entry into this event is at the discretion of TET Athletics Taranaki.
- TET Athletics Taranaki has taken all care to ensure that this event is as safe as possible and within their control.
Waiver and Declaration
- I acknowledge that a competitive marathon/half marathon/relay can involve risk of serious injury or event death from various causes including over-exertion, dehydration, course or weather conditions, accidents with other competitors, spectators or road users and other causes.
- I acknowledge that safety precautions undertaken by the event organisers (such as course supervision and race safety briefings) are a service to me but are not a guarantee of safety.
- I understand that I should not compete in this event unless I have trained appropriately and had any health concerns checked by a medical practitioner.
- I consent to receiving any medical treatment, at my cost (if any) that the event organisers think necessary during or after the event.
- I have notified the race director of medical or physical conditions from which I suffer that might affect my performance or be relevant if medical treatment is needed.
- I accept all risks flowing from my participation which could result in permanent injury or loss of life.
- I hereby release the race director, volunteers, sponsors or any party associated with the event of any liability, financial or otherwise, which might arise (whether or not by negligence). Including any direct or indirect loss, injury or death which might be sustained by me or any other party directly or indirectly associated with me, from my intended or actual participation in the event or its related activities.
- I consent to the event organisers using my name, image and likeness before, during or after the event for event promotional, broadcasting or reporting purposes in all media.
- I agree to read and abide by all safety information rules, conditions and race instructions issued/displayed prior to the event. I further agree to follow all verbal instructions issued by race officials during the event.
The marathon committee reserve the right to cancel the race if any Act of God or any occurrence beyond their control occurs, affecting the safe running of the event. Entrants will be refunded a proportion of their entry fee after costs have been covered.