Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Each participant must complete an entry form (electronic or hard copy) in full.
- All participants must show their number in a visible location when running and cycling.
- By entering these events, the participant acknowledges that they are fully and completely responsible for their actions while participating in this event.
- The participant is aware that these events are conducted on public roadways, and that the roads are open to all normal road users while these events occur. Normal road rules remain in force at all times throughout these events.
- All participants must comply with the instructions of the Police, Fire or other identified officials.
- All participants must be of the legally declared age to enter their selected option at these events, if the participant is found to be underage they understand that Fedude Sports can refuse their entry into that option and/or these events.
- The participant agrees to comply with all the rules and regulations and event instructions of the Bayleys Mountain to Surf Marathon (and it sub-events) and its officials.
- The participant hereby attests and verifies that they are physically fit and have sufficiently trained for this event and that their physical condition has been verified by a licensed medical doctor.
- The participant understands that acceptance of their entry into these events is at the discretion of Fedude Sports.
- The participant HAS READ AND VOLUNTARILY SIGN THE RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, and further agree that no oral representations, statements or inducements apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.
Fedude Sports has taken all care to ensure that these events are as safe as possible within their control.
The participant hereby agrees that in the event of a race cancellation or modification due to storm, rain, inclement seas or weather, winds or other “Acts of God” conditions, their entry fee shall be non-refundable.
Waiver and Declaration
In consideration of the acceptance of my entry in the Bayleys Mountain to Surf Marathon (and it sub-events):
The participant is fully aware of, and they accept, the risks involved in participating in this event on public roads. The participant is sufficiently fit to complete this event safely. The participant agrees to abide by the organisers rules and the participant will abide by the rules of the road at all times. Course marshals are there to indicate the correct route only and do not relieve me of the participants own responsibility for their own safety.”
The participant expressly acknowledge and agree that the activities could be dangerous and involve the risk of serious injury and/or death and/or property damage. I further expressly agree that the foregoing release, waiver and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted, that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
Exclusion of liability – The participant agrees that it is a term of entry to Bayleys Mountain to Surf Marathon (and it sub-events) that: Fedude Sports, its directors, officers, employees, contractors, race directors and other officials, marshals, volunteers, sponsors, suppliers or agents is (are) absolved by me from all liability arising from injury or damage in connection with my participation in, or entry into this event or in any way due to any act and/or omission on the part of Fedude Sports.
Release and Indemnity – In consideration of Fedude Sports allowing the participant to enter these events, the participant hereby: release and discharge Fedude Sports from all claims, losses and expenses arising from or in connection with my participation in, or entry into these events; and indemnify Fedude Sports in respect of any claims, losses and expenses, arising from or in connection with my participation in or entry into these events whether caused or contributed to, by any act or omission on the part of Fedude Sports.
Photos and Image – The participant agrees to be photographed, filmed or videoed or to have their image recorded in any way in connection with these events, the participant agrees to Fedude Sports using any such imagery in connection with the promotion and reporting of these events. The participant understands they are entitled to request access to such images and to have copies of them at the participants cost.
Privacy – In completing a Fedude Sports entry form, the participant is providing Fedude Sport with personal information. The participant understand this information will be collected an held by Fedude Sports and used by employees, contractors and agents associated with the event for the purposes of:-administrating my entry in the event, disclosing relevant information to medical and related personnel in the event that the participant receive medical treatment during the event, promoting the event and other events held by Fedude Sports, mail-out or other communication relating to the event or other Fedude Sport events in the future. Fedude Sports will not supply the participant personal information to other parties for any other reason other than listed above.
The participant consents for the above purpose to the use and disclosure of their personal information under the Privacy Act 1993.
The participant has the right of access to such information, and to correct it by applying in writing to Fedude Sports at the address noted in this form.