Health & Safety
- The marathon course follows many scenic roads. These roads have open speed limits ranging from 50km/h to 100km/h and often have heavy vehicles on them.
- The roads you follow are NOT closed and you must give way to all traffic.
- Please run/walk on the right hand shoulder of the road, unless otherwise directed by a race official or marshal.
- Part of our compliance agreement with Transit NZ is that all competitors run/walk in single file on State Highway 3 and 3A unless passing another competitor. Failure to comply will mean your number will be withdrawn from prize draws.
- All major intersections will have marshals in place. Please follow their instructions at all times.
- The Coastal Walkway will be open to the public during the event. Please ensure you run/walk inside the designated cones Marshalls will ensure the public keep this area clear.
- For safety reasons, forms of wheeled conveyances (including wheelchairs, baby buggies, scooters, bikes, inline skates), headphones and person music devices cannot be used. Accompanying animals are not allowed on the course.
- Walkers: You will be starting the event at 6.30am in the DARK. You are required to wear suitable reflective gear. Walkers are encouraged to consider the use of miner type headlamps during the first hour of their event.
- Supporters are not permitted to drive or cycle alongside competitors. Such action will be considered outside help.
Silver SponsorsBTW Company
City Care New Plymouth
RMY Legal New Plymouth
Symons Transport Services
Quality Hotel Plymouth International
Auto Lodge Motor Inn New Plymouth
Blackwoods Protector Safety
Budget New Plymouth
The Warehouse New Plymouth