The marathon, two person and four person relay is a point to point course that starts at the gates to Egmont National Park (460m above sea level) on the flanks of the imposing dormant volcano Mount Taranaki and then winds its way through picturesque North Taranaki countryside, along the Coastal Walkway, finishing at East End Reserve, Nobs Line, New Plymouth. The course is run on tarsealed roads, some tracks and along part of the Coastal Walkway (approximately 4.5km). Click here to view a map of the course.
The half marathon is a point to point course that starts at Hillsborough Hall, Cnr Egmont and Henwood roads, Bell Block and winds its way down to the Coastal Walkway, finishing at East End Reserve, Nobs Line, New Plymouth. Click here to view a map of the course.
- The default base map is aerial imagery. Use the Base Map Gallery tool on the top right hand side of the screen (shows as four boxes) to change and view other options.
- The half marathon and full marathon courses are split into two layers. The full marathon course is turned on by default. Use the Layers tool (top right hand side of the screen to the left of the Base Map Gallery tool) to add or remove the two courses.
- There are also layers for toilets, drink stations, two person change overs and four person change overs.
- You can display all layers at once but as many points are common they sit on top of one another blocking points out and so it may be best to only turn one layer of interest on at a time.
- There is a link on the Map Viewer banner called User Guide. This will give users a detailed guide on how to operate the features of the map viewer.
Elevation of marathon course
Silver SponsorsBTW Company
City Care New Plymouth
RMY Legal New Plymouth
Symons Transport Services
Quality Hotel Plymouth International
Auto Lodge Motor Inn New Plymouth
Blackwoods Protector Safety
Budget New Plymouth
Crazy Pumpkin New Plymouth
Dobsons Marquee & Party Hire Ltd
The Warehouse New Plymouth